Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mom Speed

Do you ever hear people talk about "mom strength?" You know, like when a mom gets this incredible, supernatural ability to lift an SUV off of their small child?

Well, I think I've developed "mom speed." It's my super hero mom power. I'm like a puma! Just look how fast I am:

   

I used to spend about eight minutes in the shower. Plenty of time to let the water pour over me a couple minutes so I can wake up, lather in my Aussie shampoo, rinse, coat my hair with cleansing condition, rinse, scrub my face with an anti-aging product I payed too much for, squirt some body wash into my loofa and suds up, shave....No more. Now, it's turn shower on, hop in, shampoo, rinse, bar soap and hope enough soap dripped to my feet to consider them washed. Four minutes tops. I look forward to my next water bill.

I can inhale food. It's very unlady like. I find myself doing all sorts of chores in between Charlotte's napping, and I forget to eat while she's sleeping. So Tyler and I are consistently trying to eat while she's awake. I don't want to miss any of her fun awake time or be preoccuppied if she's upset, so I eat super fast (and a lot less, which is a bonus when you're trying to shed baby weight).

You would be amazed what all I can with a two hour window. Yesterday, I took all of the books off of a bookshelf in our room, dusted it, moved it to a new location, put the books back on the shelf, sanitized pacifiers, folded and put away two loads of laundry, made a turkey sandwich, ate it, answered three work emails, painted my toes, and wrote this post. Holla!

I hope this "mom speed" is here to stay. I'm going to need this super power when I go back to work.

I think I hear Charlotte stirring. Time to get my "mom speed" on.



No comments: