Saturday, July 10, 2010

High Seas Expedition


Here's a sneak peek at the main stage for the Early Childhood VBS "Bible Voyage" rotation. I'm getting so excited to see all of my little kids faces when they walk into worship time on Sunday morning. They are going to be blown away...they will hardly be able to wait until 6 p.m. that night, when VBS begins. Eek!

It's funny, because I never really liked participating at Vacation Bible School when I was a little kid. I'm not sure why? Probably because I thought I was way cooler and smarter than all the other kids (a lie). I did love getting to volunteer at VBS when I was a high schooler. I remember helping out the summer before my freshman year and absolutely loving getting to decorate and organize the lessons for my class of 10 preschoolers. I can remember several of them by name. It's funny looking back, because I think that was the first moment that I realized I wanted to teach little kids. I've never been super driven towards one specific career, but I always knew that I worked well with children, especially little ones. It's neat to see how God really blessed that gift. Now, I have the perfect job where I get to organize programs for two through five year olds every day of the week. Even better, I get to tell them all about a God who loves them and about all the neat things he sent his son, Jesus, to do on earth. I love getting to come up with new creative crafts and games to help my kids grasp what God wants them to learn that Sunday. I love reading stories about monsters, three little pigs and a huge whale that swallowed a man at Story Time. I love organizing a snack that really helps the kids visualize what it was like for Paul to be in prison or what it must have been like for Jesus to turn a couple loaves of bread and fish into enough to feed a huge crowd. Work is so fun and with that said, I've got to finish twelve VBS attendance sheets! Sheesh.

No comments: