Monday, February 7, 2011

18 Weeks and Counting

This is me reenacting how surprised I was when I came home and saw that Tyler had built the crib.
We are making progress! We painted the room and Tyler assembled the crib the other day while I was at work ::squeal of excitement:: After many failed gray attempts, we went with a soft teal color for the walls - Benjamin Moore's Crystalline AF-485 in their Natura zero VOC paint.And the crib is from IKEA. I love how simple and petite it is. It is perfect for the small bedroom.

Okay, I know you may all think that I'm getting a little ahead of myself. I know that I've still got 5 months until little muffin comes, but, people, you've got to understand my circumstances. 
 
First off, it's like negative 70 degrees outside for the entire month of January and February 'round these parts and I've got to find something to do to keep myself busy. That is why I spend my weekends looking at magazines, browsing Target and IKEA websites, shopping for junk at the Habitat for Humanity Restore so that I can upcycle it into something lovely. I had to start this baby room project while the weather is awful out so that when spring finally gets here, I will have time to build my garden (and by "build," I mean shout commands at Tyler like, "dig here" and "plant there" while I lounge in my plastic adirondack chair and use my growing belly as a tabletop for my ice cold lemonade). 
 
Another reason why we have to get crack-a-lackin' on baby room is because Tyler is a hard workin' man! He works 45+ hours a week at the church and, at the same time, is taking a full load of masters courses this semester. It's not like he's just sitting around on the weekends waiting for his sweet wife to hand him a container of spackle and an electric sander. He's got homework to do and the last thing he needs is to jam pack a bunch of work into his one day a week of study time. So he is committing a few weekends this spring to help me prepare for little Stewart.
 
And remember this post when I poured out my soul and told you my desire to control things? I know I can't control everything, but it sure does help me function at "100% Margo" if my house is in order. Call me crazy, but one of the ways I can prepare emotionally for baby is to tangibly prepare for his/her arrival.

I just cannot wait to hold little one. So until then, I am okay with spending my Saturday mornings praying for baby while I bake blueberry muffins. It feels so magical to walk into the bedroom and try and picture a small baby swaddled up and sleeping in the crib. It makes me so happy to crack open the door and look beyond the construction zone as I imagine myself rocking baby to sleep each night.

5 comments:

Megan Philip said...

Love this post and am excited for you guys!!!!

Aanna Greer said...

This post is so sweet, Margo. I already am loving how you parent. Plus, I am not even a little surprised that you'd be going after the nursery. I would, too!

BPremo said...

How exciting! I love the pale teal - so pretty and peaceful.

Emmy said...

This is such a sweet photo and so you Margo! You are so genuine, I love it. I am so excited for you and Tyler. :)

Unknown said...

such sweet thoughts and words...just like the writer:)