Saturday, June 25, 2011

Baby Update {37 1/2 Weeks}

This pregnancy has gone by so fast. Thankfully, I haven't really had to change my lifestyle that much over the past eight months. You know, except cut back on all the hard liquor. I've been nice and healthy, with the occasional bought of exhaustion or acid indigestion. The heart burn actually stopped a couple weeks ago and let me tell you, it has been awesome! I find myself eating a lot more, because I know I won't have that huge ball of burning food-fire in my throat and chest for hours after eating. Monday, the doctor said baby girl is head down and that she has dropped lower. Now it's just up to her to decide when she wants to make her escape. I'm getting a little anxious about the whole birthing process, but those thoughts get pushed aside when I think of how incredibly excited Tyler and I both are to meet little muffin. Everything is ready to go at home and things are all organized for my maternity leave at work. I'm kind of just in this weird in between stage, where everything is calm and quiet as we wait for baby girl to arrive.

I know all of you mothers out there are going to laugh out loud about what I'm getting ready to say, but I have never been so excited to feel that wave of aching pain in my back and lower abdomen and pressure in my pelvis! Bring it on!!! The other night, just as I was falling asleep (the first of many attempts to go back to sleep that night), I felt a terrible cramp. I immediately woke up, my heart pounding as I waited for the next one to come! It never did. In fact, I'm pretty sure I made the whole thing up. Ridiculous.

So, when I said that this pregnancy has gone by fast, I should have clarified - the first thirty-five weeks went by fast, but the past two weeks have gone by slower than molasses on a cold day.

At my doctor's visit two weeks ago, one of the new midwives, whom I hadn't met before my appointment that day, told me, "you know, most first time moms go one week over their due date." Immediately after she said that, I imagined myself punching her in the face.

How can I possibly wait more than two weeks to meet her?

2 comments:

Kayla said...

You are going to be the best mom ever!! We had a great time catching up with your parents at Alli's wedding. Good luck with everything!!!

Kami said...

You are hilarious! We can't wait to meet her. She'll be perfect.